Friday, April 20, 2012

Desert Flowers

Yes, even the desert has Spring!  Prickly Pear, Cholla, and Palo Verde are all in bloom.  Beautiful flowers spread across the barren desert and make Spring so beautiful.


Wildflowers are blooming everywhere.  Purples, yellows, pinks, and whites.


The bare Palo Verde tree blossoms bright yellow flowers and reminds me of the desert's own cherry blossom tree.  


Peach and orange blossoms adorn prickly pear.



Can I pick it and wear it in my hair?  I don't dare...



New life and color embraces the brown, dry, sandy plains.


I love the bright pink blossoms that are all over this particular cactus.


Wow, these are a treat.  A cluster of flowers so big you would never guess they could come from something so prickly!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures ... looks like inspiration for a quilt project ... hummmm. Hope you and Cody are doing great! Things are not quieter here - I've been without an upstairs bathroom now for three weeks - it started with a leak ... turned into a full remodel. You may want to wait until the fall for another visit. Maybe things will quiet down by then (I have my fingers crossed). I'm glad to see you are stopping to enjoy the flowers. I should take notice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...