Monday, November 21, 2011

5 months and Going Strong

My husband and I got married a little over 5 months ago.  Time sure flies!  We have had  a pretty exciting marriage so far.  We went on our honeymoon on Lanai, then moved to Arizona less than 3 months later.  We are settling into Arizona and getting used to being back on the mainland.  We had an amazing wedding thanks to our family and friends and I love looking at all the pictures.  Here are a few of my favorite moments and memories.


I love the white and the lush green.  The Gardens were stunning that day.


My favorite photos are often silhouettes, and this is the closest we came to one.  I love the blurred background, the light colors, and the creamy light.


I think I have shared this photo before, but it really is one of my favorites.  Running towards our new life!


My girls looked amazing!  The dresses, hair, makeup, WOWZER.  They really made the day awesome.


I love the HUGE green "cabbage" behind me in this picture.  The Gardens really were incredible.


We printed old wedding photos from all of our family members that we could find and pinned them up on display as you walked in.  Everyone loved looking at all the old family memories.


Airy, open, and simple.


I made these wooden signs to direct guests to our garden site.


I made these super simple cute place cards and my dad made the grass boxes to put them in.  They looked awesome and really tied it all together.  Thanks DAD!


My mom helped me plant all these succulents months before the wedding.  We also spray painted each pot white and wrapped them with jute at the top. I printed off the table numbers and hiked Kuliouou in Hawaii to find the twigs.  They were a labor of love that made the tables special for our family and friends.


I wanted my flowers to be local, fun, and bold.  These Protea are found on Maui and are my favorite flowers.


Our Grand Entrance.  We skipped in past the photo booth.  My bridesmaid Natalie and I built the photo booth and spent hours making it just right.  Thanks Nat!  It was truly THE most fun part of the day.


My co-workers helped me make my dessert bar fantasy come true.  Kazu made my cute little strawberry shortcakes, Glo helped me set up, and I made a bunch of goodies to share!

It was a huge task to create such a handmade wedding but I wouldn't change a thing. I made my own place cards, photo booth, center pieces, table numbers, dessert bar, props for the photo booth, we wrote our own vows, and we had my brother take our engagement pictures.  The wedding was handmade from the little pieces to the bold statements and we could never have pulled it all together without all the help we got!  Thank you so much everyone.  You made our day amazing and unforgettable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...