Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Going to the zoo, zoo, zoo how about you?

I love going to the zoo.  I have been going a lot lately and taking pictures of my favorite animals doing funny things. Here are some great shots of the playful Orangutan, Violet.  We caught her playing in this bucket and she was rocking back and forth and balancing inside of it, this is right before it tipped over!  I love these animals at the zoo because when you call their names, they either look your way, ignore you, or walk over to check you out.  :)  I love Rusti too, but all the pictures I took of him were from the back or through cloudy glass...  :(  Next time I'll try to get some candid shots of him too!  If you've never been to the Honolulu Zoo, you should definitely check it out. 

Go to http://www.honoluluzoo.org/ to see fun videos of the animals interacting with the keepers and toys.  They also have important information like zoo hours, admission rates, and special events.

During the summer months, every Wednesday night, they have music on the lawn in front of the elephants for a small donation.  It's great for everyone, especially if you have little kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...